Open Source Software is a free, openly distributed and available software that guarantees the right to read, Customize, Redistribute and use the same. Open source solutions lead the web world today and some of the largest websites like Yahoo, Google and others are using open source software.
Open Source Software is advanced over conventional software development due to certain advantages. Open Source is the best way to save cost on your project and to get all the features and functionalities to meet your business requirement. For Web Technologies LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is one of the most popular open source combinations and apply for custom made e-business a solution which includes Joomla, Drupal, Magento, WordPress, Yii, OSCommerce, Xcart and Zen Cart development.
Advantages of Open Source Web Development
- Open Source is a Web Development, which offers total openness to a product’s source code. There are several advantages of open source web development for instance:
- It is cost-free
- Open source development provides full ownership of the code
- Audit Ability
- Community Support
- Time Effective
- Wide depository of Plugins & modules
- Easy to use interface for webmaster
- Wide resources for support & tutorials